Saturday, March 14, 2009

...and I'm back!

So, it's been a few weeks since my last post, which some of you will remember as my temper tantrum after my last and I mean LAST fitness assessment.

I'm over it and I am pleased to say that I am more determined than EVER!. Since that day, I have made a commitment to doing something physical every day of the week. Right now, that consists of doing 45 minutes of cardio every day. I actually love doing this! Somehow, a 45 minute session on the treadmill always gives me a sense of satisfaction. It's like Valium only healthier (but possibly as addictive.) We have a treadmill in the "fitness centre" in our condo building, so it's easy to live up to the commitment. I pop down at at time convenient to me, take a good book and walk a couple of K's and a nice easy pace. I even figured out how to set the treadmill up to keep me from exceeding my maximum heart rate level of 108 bpm. The time usually flies by as I get engrossed in my book.

Right now, I'm reading a Max Haines book. This non-fiction author is well known for writing about all kinds of murders. Somewhat macabre, but quite therapeutic in a sick sort of way. I now know about 200 ways to murder someone, and I also know what one has to do to avoid getting caught. It seems that the number 1 reason people get caught for murder that they admit it, usually because they do a real lousy job of getting rid of the murder weapon, and they make up outrageous stories when talking to the police. Oh, and when murdering someone for the insurance money, one needs to be careful not to make a habit of it... apparently they check into these kind of things.

While working out with Bikky the other day, Steve minced over and asked me if I am doing the extra cardio. I confirmed this and told him about reading the Max Haines book. I smiled as I stated that I now know how to kill someone and get away with it...went right over his head. Bikky thought it was funny though.

So, over the past few weeks I've learned a lot of new things:

I don't need to gauge my self-esteem by a few numbers on a scale or measuring tape or what some guy at the gym has to say... nor do I have to base my value as a human being on the size of my clothes or the shape of my body. Yes, feedback is important, but what I need to pay attention to are the important things... like being right with God and at peace with myself. Liking what I see when I look at myself in the mirror has more to do with the way I live my life and less to do with body image. (Although I must say, my tushie is starting to look quite perky!)

I also know that trying to cover up a murder by dissolving a body in a barrel of acid is impractical. So is burying it in a shallow grave in the woods, or hiding it under the bed, cause that's the first place people look. (I'm not going to tell you the best ways, cause I don't want to be a bad influence.)Forewarned is forearmed!

So, in summary, working out is good, loving yourself for who you are is better, and murder is bad... and working out with Bikky is murder, but I love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment