Monday, February 16, 2009

My kingdom for a cheeseburger!

It's official... I have fallen off the wagon... The "diet" wagon. Thanks to stupid 'ol Valentine's day. Since I started this journey, I have completely changed my eating habits. I have cut out white potatoes, pasta, rice, and all forms of junk food. My guilty pleasures these days have been 3 low sodium Triscuits with 2 tiny 1" x 1" wafer thin slices of cheese as a bedtime-treat. I did relax the rules a bit at Christmas, but managed to get back on track as soon as I got back home.

But on Saturday night, Eric and I went out for a Valentine's meal, and I have been plagued with cravings for all kinds of crap ever since. So, a confession is in order:

Forgive me trainer, for I have sinned...It's been 24 hours since my last workout.
I have craved for cheese burgers and fries, dreamed about cheesecake, fantasized about pizza and indulged in banana chocolate chip muffins (twice!). I ate 5 baby potatoes and white chocolate raspberry creme brule. I have pictured myself in bed with a bag of rosemary/garlic kettle-style potato chips (not naked, cause that's just wrong).I've nibbled twice on Eric's chocolate bars, and sniffed the wrappers after he went to bed. And I loved it!!! Love it I tell ya!

Is there rehab for food addicts like me?

1 comment:

  1. Sigh...say 5 Hail "Wendy's" and forgive yourself already! You didn't overthrow a government, burn babies, or take away women's rights to vote. You ate something caloric. Enough of women beating themselves up for being human and...gasp...enjoying savouring the salty, sweet, rich, sensuous pleasures of food. Hell, I'd say, smear that chocolate all over your hubbie and have at it!!! (My apologies to Eric.)

    ReplyDelete